Students, scholars and employees have multiple dining options on campus. Check seminoledining.com to find out about dining options on campus and how to purchase meal plans.
There are many off-campus dining options within walking distance to campus as well.
Take the Heritage Grove route to the Publix grocery store or Target department store. Target is also on the Garnet, Gold, or Night Nole routes. On the same 4 routes, there are Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Walgreens, and CVS which also offer some food, linens, toiletries, cleaning supplies, and school/office supplies. Find route information at transportation.fsu.edu. Bus drivers can help guide riders in where to get off the bus.
There is a small convenience store on campus (in the Honors, Scholars, & Fellows House) and a CVS close to campus (on S. Woodward Avenue and W. Pensacola Street) that carry some groceries and toiletries.
For busy researchers, students, and families, grocery delivery may be helpful. Services such Instacart or Shipt offer delivery from a variety of locations for a fee. Local vegetable, fruit, eggs, and meat delivery are available in certain residential areas through Red Hills Online Farmers Market.
International Grocery Stores & Markets
NOTE: Information Below Subject to Change:
|Apna Bazar International Grocery (Pakistani/Indian)||2819 Mahan Dr.||850-597-9774|
|Little India (Indian)||1350 E. Tennessee St. # D3||850-422-7701|
|La Moreliana (Mexican)||2320 N. Monroe St. #A||850-386-4178|
|Lynn’s Asian Market (Asian)||1214 Capital Circle||850-656-6148|
(African & Caribbean)
|1135 W. Orange Ave. # D||850-574-5082|
|Southern Seafood (Asian)||1415 Timberlane Rd.||850-893-7301|
|World Market (International)||1480 Apalachee Pkwy.||850-656-9977|
Farmers markets are known for their fresh fruit, vegetables, and friendly interaction with the growers and other shoppers. Increasingly, the local markets delight visitors with art, jewelry, flowers, plants, and music. Several of the local farmers’ markets are:
- Brickyard Farmer’s Market, The Centre of Tallahassee at 2415 North Monroe Street, next to Dreamland BBQ, Saturdays 8 am – 4 pm
- Downtown MarketPlace, downtown in the Ponce de Leon Park on Saturdays 8 am – 2 pm
- Flea Market, 5353 Capital Circle SW, open Saturdays and Sundays 9 am – 5 pm
- Frenchtown Farmers Market - at the corner of Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. and West Georgia St. (close to campus), open every Saturday 9 am – 2 pm
- Growers’ Market, at Lake Ella (organic produce) Wednesday, 3 pm to dusk, rain or shine
- Southwood Farmers’ Market, in Southwood (organic produce) at the Southwood Town Center, Mondays noon – 2 pm
- Tallahassee Farmers’ Market, 1415 Timberlane Road, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays 8 am – 5:30 pm
Emergency Food Needs
The Dean of Students runs a Food Pantry for students who are in need of food. The food pantry is located in University Center A, Suite 4100. Students are required to show their current FSU ID and to sign a waiver form. Students can take one free bag of food per visit and they may visit the food pantry as often as necessary.