Schedule for Fall 2018 and Spring 2019: Monday-Friday, 4-5 pm
English Conversation Club invites all levels of speakers of English as a second/other language to meet in a relaxed atmosphere to practice conversational English. These group sessions are led by experienced English tutors. FSU students, scholars, and their families are welcomed to attend!
All classes meet at the Center for Global Engagement lounge area on the first floor. Classes are free for FSU students and their spouses. You don't need to sign up in advance, just show up!
Below are additional programs at FSU and in the Tallahassee area that can help you improve your English skills. We urge you to take advantage of those that best fit your needs and goals.
- The Program for Instructional Excellence (PIE), a unit of The Graduate School, strives to enrich the learning experience for undergraduate students at FSU by supporting the teaching efforts of graduate student teaching assistants through its various services. PIE offers professional development programs that create opportunities to foster a sense of collaboration and community among all graduate student teaching assistants at FSU.
- The Reading/Writing Center provides individualized assistance to all students. The staff can help you as you edit and revise your papers. Call ahead for an appointment. 216 Williams Johnston Building, 644-6495.
- The Center for Intensive English Studies (CIES) offers classes to people who need to improve their mastery of English before being admitted to a university, or for those who need to meet a spoken English language requirement in order to receive a teaching assistantship. Tuition is charged. 634 W. Call Street, 644-4794.
- Leon County Schools Adult & Community Education (ACE) program offers classes at beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels for any foreign-born person 16 years or older. Classes are offered at the locations listed below. Call 922-5343 for more information.
- ACE Main Campus, 283 Trojan Trail
- ACE at Leon County Public Library, 200 W. Park Avenue
- ACE at Lively Technical Center, 500 Appleyard Drive, Building 2 Room 201
- The Literacy Volunteers of Leon County provide English as a Second Language (ESL) tutoring on a one-to-one basis. Classes are held at the six branch libraries. Administrative offices are on the third floor of the Leon County Public Library, 200 West Park Avenue.
- The First Baptist Church provides English classes at the Christian Life Center (108 West College Avenue, 2nd floor of the Chason Building). We provide beginner, intermediate, and advanced classes with help in preparing for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and American citizenship. Childcare is provided for preschoolers. 108 West College Avenue, 2nd floor of the Chason Building.
If you have any questions, please contact Laura Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org.