Learn | Communicate | Engage
The Global Partner Certificate is a Center for Global Engagement Initiative that began in the Fall of 2010. It is designed for staff, faculty, or FSU graduate students who are committed to understanding and appreciating cultures and who are interested in learning how to better assist international students and scholars at FSU. The Certificate requires participation in four required Bridging Cultures workshops, plus 3 additional intercultural events, programs, or activities. Each type of program or activity may only be counted once.
The workshops must be completed in order as they build on each other. You have an entire year to complete all four.
NOTE: This is a professional development certificate, not an academic certificate. IT WILL NOT APPEAR ON YOUR TRANSCRIPT.
Upcoming Workshops for Spring 2022
We are offering in-person and Zoom workshops. *For all Zoom workshops, the login information will be sent to registrants two days before the workshop.
|Workshop Name||Date||Start Time||End Time||Location|
|Bridging Cultures I: Intro to Intercultural Communication||1/14/22||9 a.m.||12:30 p.m.||Globe 2400|
|Bridging Cultures I: Intro to Intercultural Communication||1/19/22||1 p.m.||4:30 p.m.||Zoom*|
|Bridging Cultures II: Cross-Cultural Encounters with Intercultural Effectiveness Scale (IES) Test||2/4/22||9:30 a.m.||12 p.m.||Zoom*|
|Bridging Cultures II: Cross-Cultural Encounters with Intercultural Effectiveness Scale (IES) Test||2/9/22||2 p.m.||4:30 pm.||Globe 2400|
|Bridging Cultures III: Managing Intercultural Conflict||3/4/22||9:30 pm||12 pm||Globe 2400|
|Bridging Cultures III: Managing Intercultural Conflict||3/9/22||2 p.m.||4:30 p.m.||Zoom*|
|Bridging Cultures IV: Developing Global Competence & Lessons Learned||4/1/22||9:30 a.m.||12 p.m.||Zoom*|
|Bridging Cultures IV: Developing Global Competence & Lessons Learned||4/6/22||2 p.m.||4:30 p.m.||Globe 2400|
How to Search and Register for Workshops
You can register for any of the workshops in OMNI. Please follow the instructions below.
To search for courses in OMNI:
- Login to my.fsu.edu
- Select the “HR” icon in the myFSU Links box located on the upper left side of the page
- Select the “Main Menu” drop down link located on the upper left side of the page
- Under Main Menu select the following: Self Service > Learning and Development > Request Training Enrollment
- Select your search method Note: If you would like to see a listing of all available courses, select “Search by Date” and input the date range of the semester.
To view courses on our Virtual Calendar:
- View the Virtual Training and Organizational Development Calendar
- Select your preferred view – Day, Week, Month
- If you wish to view an entire list of upcoming training courses with details, under Current View: select Upcoming Events (List) from the drop down menu.
If you need further registration assistance, please contact the Office of Training & Organizational Development (TOD) at email@example.com.