Follow these instructions to update your address in SEVIS. Remember, federal regulations at 8 CFR 214.2(f)(17) require F-1 international students to update any change in address within 10 days. Failure to make this report could be considered a violation of status.
Current Students: Follow the instructions below to update your address in SEVIS using Campus Solutions.
OPT students with currently valid EAD: Update your address and phone number directly in the SEVP Portal: https://sevp.ice.gov/opt/#/login. The CGE does not report address or phone number updates for students in approved post-completion OPT.
- Login at www.my.fsu.edu
- Click the drop-down menu for myFSU Identity Management
- Click on My Profile
- Complete the Duo authentication. We recommend using the Duo app. If you are having problems with Duo, click here.
- In the Addresses section, ensure that the “Home” Address is your address in your home country and the “Mailing” address is the address where you are living in Tallahassee or at another address in the U.S. if you are outside Tallahassee for an internship, dissertation research, etc. (do not use your academic department address, a friend’s or relative’s address, or a PO Box). If the information is not correct or is blank, click on the edit button to enter the correct information (please see the specific format required for addresses below). Be sure to save your changes. If you are living in an FSU residence hall on campus, your address is automatically entered and you do not need to make any updates.
- In the Phone section, ensure that you have a U.S. phone number entered as “Mobile”. If there is no phone number, a non-U.S. phone number, or it is labeled as something other than Mobile, please click on edit to correct it. Please also add your preferred mobile phone number for FSU Alerts, so that you can receive alerts to notify you when it is unsafe to come to campus or to leave your building on campus.
You MUST enter your address in a specific format in order for the SEVIS database to accept it:
Address 1: Street number (no commas or hyphens)
Street name with proper abbreviation (St, Dr, Ave, Cir, Rd, Ln)
Apt or Unit (Write the word this way) and the Apt/Unit number
Address 2: Use this only if you are living in a hotel or if your apartment has different letters or numbers for each bedroom in the apartment. Then, enter Room and the room number. This line does not validate in the government’s system and is for information purposes only.
City: Tallahassee (or other U.S. city if away for internship, research, etc.)
State: Florida (or other U.S. state if away for internship, research, etc.)
Postal code: enter the first 5 digits of your zip code which you can find at www.usps.com, under Mail & Ship, if you are unsure
County: Leon (or other U.S. county if not currently living in Tallahassee)
Here is an example of the correct format:
1234 Test Ave Apt 432
Addresses not entered according to the above format may not be accepted by the SEVIS and could cause delays in your required address and phone number reporting. Federal regulations require that all address, phone number, and email address changes be reported within 10 days of the change, and then our office is required to send that updated information in your government immigration record within the next 21 days after your report. The information you enter into your student account is automatically fed into our data management program overnight, and then we send the same information to SEVIS within 3-5 days
If you have a pending application with USCIS and used your residential address for your mailing address, be sure to ALSO update your address with USCIS - https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange. Your SEVIS information does not automatically transmit to the USCIS system.
If you have technical problems logging into my.fsu.edu or using DUO contact the FSU Help Desk.
My FSU Address & Contact Update
- Go to www.my.fsu.edu and login with your FSUID and password:
- Once logged in, click on myFSU Identity Management:
- Click on My Profile:
- If you must verify through Duo. Click here for Duo information.
- Under the Address section in your profile, click edit and update the Mailing Address using the following format:
1234 Street name Apt 1234
Orlando FL 32821
- If you do not have a US Phone Number Please SKIP 7 and 8
- Click on Contact Details to update your phone number with either your current U.S. cell phone number.
- Click Save