Experience a variety of cuisine and cultures from around the world at the Globe's featured program - the Global Café held on select Fridays starting at 11:30am. This student centered program was designed to increase the awareness and appreciation of the cultural diversity of our campus.
Global Café provides the opportunity to spend a culturally enriching lunch hour eating authentic food from around the world, listening to music and meeting students from the featured culture. Student groups and staff prepare lunch from authentic recipes and serve it to guests in the Globe Dining Room for just $7.
Planning and implementing a cultural event of this scale provides student groups with opportunities to practice and enhance skills
event planning, leadership, marketing, community involvement and team work.
In addition, this event serves as a great fundraiser for the student organization. All international and multicultural student groups are invited to apply to participate in this event for an upcoming semester.
CLICK HERE for more information
Photos of Previous Global Café events:
- A Taste of Haiti by Haitian Cultural Club - Fall 2014
- A Taste of Thailand by Asian American Student Union - Fall 2014
- Bem Brazil- by FILC - Spring 2014
- Asalamu Alaikum by Muslim Student Association - Spring 2014
- Arab Culture Association -Fall 2013
- Indian Students Association -Fall 2013
- InternatioNole -Fall 2013
- Venesa -Fall 2013