New Incoming Students
We are pleased that you've chosen Florida State University for your academic degree.
- Make travel arrangements to Tallahassee after you have obtained your visa. Plan to arrive no earlier July 27, 2013 (per federal regulations).
- Arrange for housing before you arrive in Tallahassee. Make temporary housing arrangements, if necessary (e.g., if your apartment complex will be closed when you arrive and cannot check in,
or if you arrive before your apartment's move-in date). See below for student recommended places to live.
- If your apartment requires you to turn on utilities, please follow the instructions in the Pre-Arrival Brochure under Utilities.
- Check with your apartment complex if you will be arriving after-hours (usually after 5pm or 6pm) or on weekends. You may have to stay at a hotel overnight if your apartment complex is not open.
- Register for Orientation on our website.
- For a complete Pre-arrival checklist, please see your Pre-Arrival Brochure. A printed copy was sent along with your I-20 or DS-2019.
- Remember to check-in at the Center for Global Engagement as soon as possible after your arrival in Tallahassee.
Weeks of Welcome 2013
The Center for Global Engagement (CGE) has planned several Weeks of Welcome activities to help you with your transition to Tallahassee and the university. These include:
- International Students Orientation,
- FSU Campus Tour,
- Transportation Workshop,
- Workshop for New Teaching Assistants,
- Resources for Academic Success, and more!
Please note: FSU's Graduate Housing, Alumni Village will be closing effective August 22, 2014. New students are welcome to contract with Alumni Village up to this date. If you have any questions related to Alumni Village, Please click here for additional information.
Please note that FSU does not endorse or recommend any off-campus housing options. You should carefully consider and research all options before making the housing decisions that best fits your individual needs. This material is being provided to you for informational purposes only and may not represent the full range of options that are available to you.
Below is an area map of Tallahassee and a few suggested apartment complexes that our previous or current international students have lived at. Websites, telephone numbers and other information are provided for your convenience only and are not an endorsement from FSU-CGE. You can also download the list of provided apartments for comparison. Please click on each map pin for more details.
View Housing Options in a larger map