New Incoming Students
We are pleased that you've chosen Florida State University for your academic degree.
- Make travel arrangements to Tallahassee after you have obtained your visa. Plan to arrive no earlier July 27, 2013 (per federal regulations).
- Arrange for housing before you arrive in Tallahassee. Make temporary housing arrangements, if necessary (e.g., if your apartment complex will be closed when you arrive and cannot check in,
or if you arrive before your apartment's move-in date). See below for student recommended places to live.
- If your apartment requires you to turn on utilities, please follow the instructions in the Pre-Arrival Brochure under Utilities.
- Check with your apartment complex if you will be arriving after-hours (usually after 5pm or 6pm) or on weekends. You may have to stay at a hotel overnight if your apartment complex is not open.
- Register for Orientation on our website.
- For a complete Pre-arrival checklist, please see your Pre-Arrival Brochure. A printed copy was sent along with your I-20 or DS-2019.
- Remember to check-in at the Center for Global Engagement as soon as possible after your arrival in Tallahassee.
Weeks of Welcome 2013
The Center for Global Engagement (CGE) has planned several Weeks of Welcome activities to help you with your transition to Tallahassee and the university. These include:
- International Students Orientation,
- FSU Campus Tour,
- Transportation Workshop,
- Workshop for New Teaching Assistants,
- Resources for Academic Success, and more!