Globe Reservation Information
The Center for Global and Multicultural Engagement (The Globe) is a state of the art facility that offers various places for students to gather and interact, as well as to hold meetings and special events.
The Globe has four program rooms, a theatre, dining room, and a licensed kitchen which can be reserved by FSU Registered Student Organizations as well as affiliated staff and faculty for programs supporting our mission and organization related functions. Space is not available for use by outside groups. (Please note: The courtyard is reserved through a different procedure. Please contact Chris Edgerton)
- The facilities at The Globe may be used for meetings, banquets, workshops, programs, presentations, etc., as long as no exchange of money is involved. We cannot allow use of space for fundraisers, and for any events for which any fee is charged to members, guests or the general public.
- Date auctions and gambling events are not allowed at The Globe.
- The Globe is committed to responsible freedom and civil dialogue, as well as to justice and public order, representing all students' rights and interests. We support events that are culturally sensitive and focus on issues that are non-offensive to one or more groups of students.
- The Globe may be reserved by FSU Registered Student Organizations and departments ONLY
- We will begin taking reservations for the Spring 2013 semester on November 5th.
- The request form IS NOT a confirmation nor a guarantee of space reservation.
- Confirmation of the space will be made during regular business hours Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, contingent on availability of space and night staff.
- DO NOT advertise your event until your reservation request has been CONFIRMED.
- All organizations or groups reserving space must have a signed Facilities Use Policies and Guidelines Contract on file. This needs to be completed and signed by an officer of the organization every semester.
- Groups who need to connect an Apple laptop to one of our projectors will need to bring their own VGA adapter.
To make a reservation for one of the PROGRAM ROOMS or AUDITORIUM please complete the GLOBE SPACE REQUEST FORM at least 7 business days prior to the eventGlobe Space Reservation Online Form Facilities Use Contract
The Program Rooms are equipped with overhead projectors but groups will need to bring their own laptop. Food can be served on the counters OUTSIDE the program rooms during breaks and no food or drinks are allowed inside the program rooms. Various set ups are available in the following rooms: (Click images to enlarge.)
Each program room is pre-set with the groupings of tables and chairs as follows in the pictures/descriptions. The room/set-up that you reserve is what you will have for your event-groups may not move tables and/or chairs from other rooms.
AuditoriumThe theatre seats 100 and has a three step raised stage. There is a podium and a built in sound system with overhead projector. There is also a dressing room complete with a wall of makeup mirrors and changing stalls.
A set up of 8 round tables, each seating 8 people, is also an option but the reserving group is responsible for changing the set up to tables and then changing back to 100 chairs theatre style upon completion of the event. The Globe does not have staff to assist with room set ups. (Click images to enlarge.)
Dining RoomThe dining room seats 70 people at various sized rectangular and round tables which need to remain stationary. It also has steam tables and a cold section for serving food. The dining room is available from 2- 5 from Monday through Thursday and after hours and on weekends depending on availability of Globe night staff. Ff you would like to use the kitchen, you need to fill out a Kitchen Request Form, which automatically includes the dining room.
The Globe Kitchen:The Globe has a fully licensed commercial kitchen complete with several roll in refrigerators, freezer, gas stove, convection ovens, and coffee makers. Groups using the kitchen automatically have the use of the dining room. There are also basic pots, pans and cooking & baking utensils that groups may check out to use. Plates, cups, bowls, eating utensils, or any other dishware is not provided by the Globe. All groups using the kitchen will be supervised by one of our kitchen supervisors. Because this is a licensed kitchen, more restrictions apply to reserving and using the kitchen than to the other spaces in the Globe.
» Click Here for more information about the Globe kitchen.
» Click Here for information about Environmental Safety and Sanitation Training
Cancellation PolicyEvent sponsors must notify the Scheduling Coordinator directly to cancel. Reservation cancellation must be made at least 24 hours prior to scheduled event, during regular business hours 8am-5pm.
« Back to top