Welcome to FSU
Welcome to the Florida State University! The staff here at The Center for Global Engagement are excited to provide you with a short-term, rich cultural learning experience. During your stay, you can expect to learn all about what is it is like to be a student at FSU, and you will gain an understanding of the plethora of history and culture that Tallahassee has to offer. Many of the activities you will participate in are carefully planned by the students you will meet at FSU and host later in your own country. You will live in a Residence Hall and eat your meals on campus with your team members as well as other FSU students. During the day, our staff at The Center for Global Engagement will take you to various classes and lectures, campus tours as well as tours of major Tallahassee landmarks, and daytrips to sites in the surrounding area such as:
- Wakulla Springs
- St. Mark's National Wildlife Refuge
- Mission San Luis
- Some light volunteer work at various non-profit organizations
You will also have some free time to spend with your teammates and the new friends you will make during your stay. Below are some of the activities you can do with the FSU students:
- Attending a concert in our student union
- A dance workshop with the FSU Salsa Club, Irish Step Dancers, and Belly Dancers
- Catching a movie at our Student Life Theater
- Shopping at Tallahassee's Governor Square Mall
- Grabbing a cup of coffee with friends at our on-campus Starbucks
There is a lot to do and see in Tallahassee, and we will do everything we can to make your stay enjoyable and comfortable here at FSU.
Each exchange has specific events and activities that have been specially requested by your home institution. Please click on your institution to learn more about your specific exchange.